Technical writing webinar for Mill Ops authors1 October 2019
Are you looking to enhance the impact of your Mill Ops paper?
As part of the Mill Operators program, the committee is pleased to be able to offer Mill Ops authors the opportunity to partake in a technical paper writing webinar run by Prof J-P Franzidis and Diana Drinkwater, as well as a presentation skills webinar prior to the conference.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
How to ensure that your work is properly captured in the report and has the best chance of acceptance by reviewers:
- Getting the message right – especially abstract, introduction, conclusions
- Your writing style and the report structure
- What you should and shouldn’t include
- The nuts and bolts – the right length, use of tables and figures, naming, references
- Responding to reviewers
Effectively communicating the key aspects of your work:
- Getting the message right
- Your presentation style
- Matching content to available time
- Engaging your audience
To take part in this free webinar, you must submit your abstract by 29 October and check the box to indicate your interest during the submission process.